The objectives of the Policy Peer Review are:
- To facilitate a constructive discussion among peers about the financial sustainability and effectiveness of social protection systems in South Asia.
- To have a frank exchange about the policy options and challenges surrounding the reform and expansion of social protection systems for children in different country contexts.
- To promote peer-to-peer learning and exchange and build a network of practitioners within the region.
The workshop will address the issue of sustainable financing and effective social protection systems. It will explore some of the following questions:
- How can a country ensure the provision of social protection without jeopardizing fiscal sustainability?
- Has social protection kept pace with the increasing dynamism of the economies of the region?
- How can social protection schemes and systems be enhanced to deliver better results for children and families?
- How might a systems approach to social protection be relevant in the South Asian context?